Old July 19th 05, 05:52 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Andy H Andy H is offline

Default Tripcocks on 165s

"

The are trip cock testers at Amersham and Harrow. The Chiltern trains
have to pass these OK and they are done at slow speed, even if the train
is not stopping. I'm not sure what happens to the tester once the first
unit has gone past, but in theory it could trigger the second units arm
out of the way. Also, when the A60 stock was first introduced, they would
run 4 car sets off peak, at that time all cabs I assume would have been
driveable, so a similar situation to the 16/168 situation may have
occurred then, i.e. the second unit potentially being tripped at speed, I
assume they solved this!
--
Matthew P Jones - www.amersham.org.uk
My view of the Metropolitan Line www.metroland.org.uk - actually I like

Except that the Chiltern units have already encountered a Tripcock fitted
signal well in advance of both Amersham and Harrow as they enter the Met
territory. Both of these are approached at speed.

Andyh