Old July 19th 05, 08:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Tunnel damage

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 02:02:55 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message
"Andy & Kim" wrote in message

does anybody know how badly damaged the
tunnels are and the infrastructure it's self?

Yes

Is it still a crime scene? If so, I doubt if anyone qualified to quantify
damage has been near it.

Well, at the Saturday press conference two days after the bombing Tim
O'Toole stated that the Piccadilly line tunnel was intact,
specifically in response to a press question as to whther it was
"unsafe." Presumably they did a damage assessment immediately to
determine if it was safe enough to be worked in as a crime scene.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk