Old July 19th 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Where were the bombers intending to go ?

Nick Cooper wrote:
To be honest, I don't buy much of this, for the simple reason that the
three Underground bombs went off within something like a 50 second
time-frame. I think it's a pure fluke that they exploded where they
did, as it would be virtually impossible to deliberately time them to
do that.
--
Nick Cooper

I have to agree with you Nick. I find it highly unlikely the bombers
studied the track diagrams of the Underground and chose locations that
would cause maximum damage, I just think they were time synchronised
explosions. Of course, a question can be asked of why the Picadilly
line bomber only got as far as he did. And the bus bomber may well have
been aiming for the Northern Line then adopted a plan B, and perhaps
even that got messed up so the bus became a last minute target.

But as Paul C points out, it is academic really. The attacks happened,
and they killed innocent people at all four locations. I don't quite
know how to word this correctly, so I'll be blunt - in the terrorist
mindset, the 7 July attacks would be regarded as a mission accomplished.