Old July 20th 05, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Tunnel damage

In message , at 07:14:16 on Wed,
20 Jul 2005, Mike Bristow remarked:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
Or is the reduced capacity that would offer actually worse than running
nothing at all?

I suspect that demand would so far strip supply that the platforms would
be dangerously overcrowded.

I was suggesting fairly short runs, with one train in each tunnel. You'd
get about one every 10 minutes I suppose.

isolating the power so that work around Kings X may be tricky.

Just lift the rails for a short section south of the station.

But I agree that you'd have to see where the power feed was, and make
sure that was sufficient within the proposed schemes.