Old July 20th 05, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] oxo99@nospam.btinternet.com is offline

Default Tiny Silver Lining

On 20 Jul 2005 03:21:45 -0700, "Boltar"
wrote:

At the risk of starting another bus flame war (buses, yawn)
I always found routemasters uncomfortable with a jerky
ride and flippin cold downstairs in the winter. Their only
saving grace was being able to hop on and off when you
liked. A hop on/off bendy bus would be ideal tho the
nannies would never allow it of course.

B2003

I agree. I used to like Routemasters when I was a kid going to school,
and I caught one the other day on the 38 - for the first time in
years.

It was the most uncomfortable ride I can remember! Narrow seats,
scrunched up knees, low ceiling, very jerky ride and very noisy
downstairs.

I look forward to seeing them in the LT museum but not for passenger
use in the 21st Century!