Old July 20th 05, 07:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Acrosticus Acrosticus is offline

Default Tiny Silver Lining

Ken wrote:

Yes, but have you been on an RMC/RCL? Platform doors, thicker, more
comfortable seat cushions, more legroom and luggage racks.

Probably the most comfortable buses LT ever ran.

But both still give a strange swaying and lurching kind of ride which
some people probably find unpleasant (something to do with their
suspension I think, which differs from the RM/RML version). I travelled
on an RMC back in January for the first time since about 1974 and the
way it swayed about was quite noticeable. "How the hell" I wondered at
the time "did I manage to do epic journeys like Harlow to Windsor on
718 or Hertford to Guildford on 715 all in one go in these things
without spewing up part way through?".

My verdict is seats - good; legroom - good; quality of ride - could do
better.