Old July 20th 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

Err, if I was one for hyperbole I would have chose the subject line
without my tongue being firmly in my cheek, possibly 'Problem with TfL
Journey Planner' might have been less attention grabbing subject line.
Still ...

I think the TfL Journey Planner, http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk is quite
useful, if you take the advanced options you'll find some options to help
you plan cycle routes - an effort in the right direction I think.

It has some flaws though. When trying to plan a route to take me from
Bard Road, W10 to Bowes Road, W3, the route suggested would take me along
the A40(M) - not a problem in itself, I've, err, done that stretch of
moterway on my bicycle before - the real problem being getting my bike up
to the elevated section without absailing equipment. In the end I did
decide on a route of my own, around Shepherds Bush Green - probably not
any safer though.

There is a small part of my conspiratorial mind that makes me think it
might be part of a wider plan though.

What says you all?