Old July 20th 05, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tunnel damage

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:42 +0100 (BST),
(Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

Half of the train at KX has been removed to Cockfosters depot while
I am told the Edgware Road carriages were being taken away by low
loader today having been craned out.

How many cars were removed by rail Earlier reports said that the

rear
four cars of the Piccadilly train would be removed by rail towards
King's Cross while presumably the rear three car unit would have been
the simplest. The Circle trains are two-car units so at least one of
them should have been able to be removed by rail.

On the Picc Line I am sure our internal report said 4 cars. I assume
this was done to get the maximum amount of movable cars out of the way.
I appreciate this defies normal "logic" but we are not dealing with a
normal situation.

The Circle Line removal was explained to me as all cars being winched
out. Obviously only the one damaged car was taken out - as seen on TV.
I assume that the others have been pulled clear to allow the damaged

car
out. I've not seen a report on what has moved and to where re the
remaining Edgware Rd / Aldgate trains.

So there's been no report, internal or otherwise, which specifies the
numbers of the cars which were hit by the bombs (see my earlier post
about stock damage)?

--
Colin Rosenstiel