Old July 21st 05, 06:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Charles Ellson Charles Ellson is offline

Default More bombs??

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:09:54 +0100, David Hansen
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:38:16 GMT someone who may be "Bob Wood"
wrote this:-

I think that there are more trains
than stations only in your imagination.

No exact numbers from me. However, I suspect that on certain lines
at certain times there are more trains than stations in the central
area (a term I use in a vague way). That may also be the case
outwith the central area, where the distance between stations is
much greater.

The Circle Line IME is likely got more trains than stations during the
rush hour due to "intruders" from the Met, District and Hammersmith
and City although the effect will be lessened to some degree when
clearance is required by use of various sidings/extra platforms or
escape routes to other lines. The central parts of the Northern Line
are possibly another candidate for having more trains than platforms
(rather than stations) during the rush hour but I suspect the "excess"
trains (if any) do not amount to more than a few.