Old July 22nd 05, 12:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Ross Ross is offline

Default More bombs?

On 21 Jul 2005 16:07:40 -0700, MIG wrote in
. com, seen in
uk.railway:

biggy which is our society actually recognising that we all, every
single one of us, have a responsibility for what happens in our
country, and everyone thus must make the effort to live and work
together

You probably won't appreciate me replying to your post, but the bit
I've snipped struck a chord with me, even if you didn't mean it the way
I've taken it.

Actually, I do agree with the context you've chosen to use it in.

I am very conscious of my failure to prevent Tony Blair from lining up
with George W to beat up the world in my name. I do object to anyone
trying to blow me up for this failure, but I recognise the failure for
what it is and don't expect to be seen as "innocent" by the victims of
it, or those who consider those victims to be their brothers.

Quite. I just wish that in this supposedly enlightened age people
would realise that beating them up because they beat us up because we
beat them up because they beat us up (ad infinitum) simply doesn't
work. It's pointless.

I strongly object to people using Iraq débacle to further their own
twisted objectives, because I really do not believe that those who
instigate these things give a damn about Iraq or the Iraqis other than
as a justification, although I think the deluded fools they use as
cannon fodder do. But I'm also realistic enough to know that those
instigators don't give a damn what I think either.

We can do something about it, and we chose not to on 5 May.

I can honestly say that I voted against, but unfortunately in many
cases people felt there was no viable alternative.

--
Ross, Lincoln, UK

We're *not* afraid
http://www.werenotafraid.com