Old July 22nd 05, 06:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John F Kappler John F Kappler is offline

Default Drivers refusing to work

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:52:55 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Joe wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
BBC reports that the Bakerloo and Piccadilly lines are shut
because drivers are refusing to work:

Obviously RMT members.

Apparently so.

"The Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) union has pledged to back any
employee who refused to work normally on grounds of safety following the
latest explosions. Bob Crow, of the RMT, said "enormous pressure" was
put on Tube workers to continue working as normal following the blasts
and that staff had expected the entire network to be shut down. He
added: "At the emergency meeting today we were told that lines
apparently unaffected by the attacks should continue running." He said
they would be discussing these issues in a meeting with the mayor on
Friday."

LU say that the Bakerloo is running normally, but that the Piccadilly is
running only from Arnos Grove to Cockfosters.

Any comment from Arnos Grove staff on why the Piccadilly drivers are
taking a different line from their colleagues?

I thought the Piccadilly line was still closed south of Arnos Grove
due to the bombed train still being in the tunnel at Russell Square
from 7/7.

Crossposted to u.t.l
FU set to u.t.l
--