Old July 22nd 05, 06:01 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
nick nick is offline

Default Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

"Steve" wrote in message . uk...

"SB" wrote in message ups.com...
Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

What is it that causes the misfortune and disruption of others so much
amusement from those who should be serving us paying customers?

Such is the attitude tonight amongst staff at stations just after the
second wave of 'bombings.'

On 7/7 I had the sense not to visit London due to the severe
disruption, not, I repeat not, due to any fear of being blown to bits
by any Islamic murdering cowards.

However tonight I was damned if these fools were going to stop my usual
Thursday night in town.

BUT at many stations including local ones, London Underground and
certain TOCs, the customer service staff seemed to revel in the
dusruption. Laughing and joking the ones I spoke, to ask which lines
were running, could hardly take time off from their smiles and laughter
together, to take my concerns seriously, to answer my questions and to
put my mind at ease that things were under control.

I suspect that I'm not the first commuter nor will be the last to get
the impression that by asking for help I'm actually being a damned
nuiscance to them. This has been the attitude towards passengers, sorry
customers, for years. And even in these more dangerous times nothing
seems to have changed.

I might add that at Paddington there are two young customer service
staff who take great delight in acting the arse rather than being
ambassadors for their companies, Great Western &/or National Rail. This
is especially evident when the old Great Western Band is playing on
Friday evenings. These two not only take the **** out of the musicians,
but also out of the passengers watching.

With so-called 'customer service' like this it is no wonder passengers,
customers, commuters, or whatever are ****ed off, especially in London?

SB

As someone who works for FGW can I strongly encourage you to report this to FGW (contact details via the www site
www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk)

99.9999% of the staff that I know and work with work their damnest in situations like this to ensure people are helped
and looked after. If what your saying is correct the two people concerned need dealing with.

Regards

Re-unite them with their UB40's.