Old July 22nd 05, 07:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

Default More bombs?

David Hansen wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 01:09:09 +0100 someone who may be Ross
wrote this:-

I strongly object to people using Iraq débacle to further their own
twisted objectives, because I really do not believe that those who
instigate these things give a damn about Iraq or the Iraqis other than
as a justification

That is indeed the case. I'm sure they were delighted with the
invasion as it allowed them to operate where they had not been able
to operate before due to Mr Hussein's antipathy towards them. We now
know Mr Liar was told the invasion would increase terrorism and he
didn't tell the rogues in Westminster about this.

However, without Iraq there would be one less grievance that can be
used to inflame people. The way to deal with terrorism is to drain
the poison, not to try and look macho with so-called security
measures and the like.

I am thinking about the way our own politicians and newspapers are
trying to create images of hordes of evil intent on destroying our way
of life.

Equivalent messages are undoubtedly being spread among groups who have
more genuine reason to feel under threat, and that they have little to
lose.

If it's so easy to convince people that Muslims are an undifferentiated
evil mass, think how much easier it must be to persuade people that
Westerners are the same.