Old July 22nd 05, 10:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

Default More bombs?

Graeme Wall wrote:
In message
David Hansen wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 01:09:09 +0100 someone who may be Ross
wrote this:-

I strongly object to people using Iraq débacle to further their own
twisted objectives, because I really do not believe that those who
instigate these things give a damn about Iraq or the Iraqis other than
as a justification

That is indeed the case. I'm sure they were delighted with the
invasion as it allowed them to operate where they had not been able
to operate before due to Mr Hussein's antipathy towards them. We now
know Mr Liar was told the invasion would increase terrorism and he
didn't tell the rogues in Westminster about this.

However, without Iraq there would be one less grievance that can be
used to inflame people. The way to deal with terrorism is to drain
the poison, not to try and look macho with so-called security
measures and the like.

As the Australian PM pointed out, Bali was before Iraq, WTC was before Iraq,
Nairobi was before Iraq, Mombasa was before Iraq etc, etc, etc. Iraq is
irrelevant to Al Qaeda, where it is Sunni versus Shi'ite in a civil war that
was probably inevitable, however Saddam was removed.

Incidentally he is not Mr Hussein, you shouldn't assume Western norms apply
in other cultures.

Iraq is part of the general policy that results in many, particularly
Muslim, people being killed or having their livelihoods destroyed.

Nothing can be done about the fanatics, who are beyond redemption. But
on their own, they are not much of a threat. When millions of people
are so disaffected by the policies of the West that they start
listening to the fanatics, then we are in trouble.

As has been mentioned, our own Government and police forces start
repressing us, which is just what the terrorists want. It now seems
that the terrorists have just succeeded in getting the British Police
to institute a shoot-to-kill policy in London.

So we've got the world we created. Smug comments about what was and
wasn't before Iraq don't count for much. I now live and work in a city
where the police shoot to kill. Thanks a lot.