Old August 28th 03, 08:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default Tube Spam

Geoff Marshall wrote:
Yup. I get it, even though I unsubscribed. If fact, i thought i HAD
unsubscribed once, only to suddenly get about 30 Tube Alerts emails from
them in all one day. I'm totally f'd off with them as they seem incapable
of removing my email address from their subscription list.

When I was system admin for a small company it was really hard
persuading the marketing people that they couldn't just spam every email
address they had a record of, but must keep a separate list of people
who had opted into, or at least not opted out of, receiving such
messages.

Bigger organisations should be better at this, if their IT staff are
competent and their marketing staff have no direct way to send spam.

Colin McKenzie