Old July 22nd 05, 07:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ross Ross is offline

Default More bombs??

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:49:40 +0100, Charles Ellson wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:53:21 +0100, Ross
wrote:

[...]
Although I'm told by someone who used to play with such things that a
detonator alone is quite capable of taking your hand off, so perhaps,
had there been an intent to frighten rather than kill/injure huge
numbers, a detonator only option would be quite good from a terrorists
POV. Big perhaps as I don't have the faintest idea what I'm talking
about!

A railway detonator is somewhat larger than the usual explosives
detonator as exhibited occasionally in public. [...]

I wasn't talking about railway detonators. The person who spoke to me
used to play with detonators in the army and will happily discuss
(read: bore you silly) with the behaviour of the various explosives
they used. At least he did with me for far too long yesterday.

--
Ross, Lincoln, UK

We're *not* afraid
http://www.werenotafraid.com