Old July 22nd 05, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Post-bombing tubemap

Nigel Pendse wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message
"Marc Brett" wrote in message

Post-bombing tubemap

343K JPEG: http://www.antipope.org/feorag/blogp...e-21-07-05.jpg

From Boing Boing:

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/07/21...g_tubemap.html

Why was the Picc closed from Hyde Park Corner to T123 / Rayners Lane?

The drivers refused to drive the trains.

Which illustrates that whilst this map is most interesting, it's
already out of date - e.g. the Piccadilly line is running to Heathrow
again, but the Northern line ain't running between Kennington and
Balham or Morden (depending on which bit of the TfL website I read).
And I write on the evening of Friday 22 July, so it'll probably be
different by the time anyone reads this.

Just heard Sir John Stevenson, the former Met Commissioner, speculate
that this wave of terrorism could go on for another 10 to 20 years.
Which ain't to hear big sigh. Anyway I am not trying to turn this
thread into some venomous diatribe/massive conspiracy theory (plenty
can be found elsewhere), so I'll leave my comments at that, apart from
saying that I hope that there won't be any need to create further
post-bombing Tube maps.