Old July 22nd 05, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london
MatSav MatSav is offline

Default Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

"David Martin" wrote in message
oups.com...

MatSav wrote:

Incidentally, you'll NEVER get your bike UP with absailing equipment -
that's designed for going DOWN ;-)

Is that a challenge? ...such an
arrangement can easily be modified to work for going up as well as
down.. (says the bloke who has absailed using almost everything from
'classic' to the latest and greatest fancy bits..)...

Ahhh, "Classic" (aka "Crutch Screamer") method! I remember that from 25
years ago - a strategically placed rolled and folded newspaper to prevent
friction burns! Now, where's that Sudocrem (urc passim).

Of course, I see your point. My experience of climbing and abseiling is 25
years out of date! I presume you mean that a "descender" may be modified to
use as an "ascender"? What about a rack?

--
MatSav