Old August 28th 03, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Andrew P Smith wrote:
In article , Badabing
writes
in article , Andrew P Smith at
wrote on 28/8/03 8:03 PM:

In article , John Abbot
writes
Joe Patrick wrote in message ...
There has been a power cut, affecting the Tube and trains
BBC News Reports:

Interesting. I thought the Underground still took its juice from
Lots Road (ie its own dedicated power station). Or is that closed
now?

Lots road closed 18 months ago. There is still a back up facility at
Greenwich IIRC.

Someone better look into that 'back up' then, eh?

As far as I am aware it kicked in and provided power to shunt the
trains back into platforms with.

But the TfL press release said "The Tube network was evacuated, including
some trains in tunnels between stations", which suggests that Greenwich
might not have been wholly successful.
--
Richard J.