Old July 23rd 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport.london
Nick Drew Nick Drew is offline

Default Groan - Why are rucksacks so darned popular?

"Trust No OneŽ" wrote in message
Travelled on the Piccadilly line for a few of stops this morning.

It seemed as if virtually every man and his dog (and cat for good measure)
waiting on the platform was toting a rucksack!

Just as well I'm not of a faint heart or prone to paranoia otherwise I'd

be
digging a foxhole in my back yard!

Encouragingly though the volume of passengers on my Piccadilly line tube
into Central London from Heathrow looked at normal Saturday levels. I
remember that shortly after 9/11 the Piccadilly line tubes into Central
London looked like ghost trains.

I think it's something to do with (bear with me on this) *putting* things
inside them. I haven't really investigated it very much, but as I understand
it, if you wear a 'ruck sack' you can carry lots of things in them. I'm
still at the stage of carrying individual items in my hands, and really, it
is a bit of a pain, particularly when one of them has to be a tube ticket...

Nick