Old August 28th 03, 09:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Rich Mackin Rich Mackin is offline

Default BBC's UK's Worst

"SteveH" wrote in message . ..
Joe Patrick wrote:

Just Featured a man complaining about the noise on the North Circular, a
woman complaining about trams and a family whos garden got sucked in a hole
by the CTRL works. CTRL won and featured Howard who was put infront of a
video clip putting the award in a tunnel.

Never understood this kind of wingeing ****e.

I mean, you _know_ if you buy a house on the North Circular or a railway
line that it's going to be noisy. And I'm sure the price paid also
reflected this.

At the time the chap moved into the house by the North Circular, 41 years ago, it was just a regular street, so it's something that
has happened while he's been living there. It's true about the woman who lived next to Metrolink, however, as it emerged during the
"judging" that she knew full well the line was there when she moved - presumably the property price would reflect this. If you know
what's there when you move somewhere, you've got no right to whinge about it - my parents have lived next to the ECML for 35 years
and I've never once heard them complain about the traffic, as they were perfectly happy with it when they decided to buy the house.

--
*** http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/ *** - updated 19 August
Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)