Old August 28th 03, 10:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default BBC's UK's Worst

(SteveH) wrote the following in:

Joe Patrick wrote:

Just Featured a man complaining about the noise on the North
Circular, a woman complaining about trams and a family whos
garden got sucked in a hole by the CTRL works. CTRL won and
featured Howard who was put infront of a video clip putting the
award in a tunnel.

Never understood this kind of wingeing ****e.

I mean, you _know_ if you buy a house on the North Circular or a
railway line that it's going to be noisy. And I'm sure the price
paid also reflected this.

My thoughts exactly, and I have similar thoughts about people who buy
houses under the Heathrow flightpath and then complain they get planes
flying overhead. Although I think it is very different for the man
living by the North Circular (which just so happens to be my email
address) as in this case he'd bought the house when it was by a two
lane single carriageway.

It was also different for the people affected by the Channel Tunnel
Rail Link. The tunnel passed underneath their house and caused a
massive hole the size of a house to appear in their back gardens. Not
only did this ruin their gardens and put lives at risk (luckily no one
was hurt, but if someone had been in their garden at the time then
they'd have been in serious trouble) but it also caused structural
damage to their houses. They had no reason to expect this would happen
when they bought their houses and even if they'd known about the rail
link, they still couldn't have expected that sort of thing to happen.

I had no sympathy whatsoever for the woman living by the tram line
though. She'd known about it when she bought it and gave a weak excuse
along the lines of "I liked the garden and the size, and the trams have
got louder since I bought the house". If you're worried about noise,
don't buy a house next to a tram line! Pretty simple, I'd have thought.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.