Old July 23rd 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] J.P.Knight@lboro.ac.uk is offline

Default More bombs?

In uk.railway wrote:
[...] However, if a suspect
had a way of triggering any sort of device either remotely or strapped
to the body then there is only one way to prevent loss of life
the officers or other people, is a number of head shots to disrupt the
central nervous system and prevent the trigger being activated.

Would this work if the trigger was a switch that had to be kept
depressed (ie push to break rather than push to make) if it was not to
set the bomb off? If I were a Terrorist Mastermind I'd make sure that
I used such triggers for my suicide bombers as once they'd taken the
device in a fit of fervour, they'd have difficulty not setting it off
somewhere (not impossible, but difficult).

Jim'll