Old July 24th 05, 08:43 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
John Turner John Turner is offline

Default Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

"Ross" replied to

John Turner who wrote

Self-employment where you survive or fail by your own efforts.

That would be like, for example, plumbers and jobbing builders,
neither group being people exactly famed for their customer service
abilities? Yet both groups seem to live pretty well, going by the
anecdotal evidence.

Yes but I wasn't including *criminal activity* in my argument. ;-)

My wife and I run a small model shop where we are totally reliant on the
good will of our customers. We've been doing that for almost twenty years,
but not many customers come back if you treat them with contempt, so we have
to treat them well.

John.