Old July 24th 05, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london
Tony Raven Tony Raven is offline

Default Mayor Ken's secret plan to rid London of cycling menace.

Tony W wrote:
"Tony Raven" wrote in message

Dulfersitz:

What do you mean? When I were a lad that was _the_ way you abseiled!
Been down all sorts of terrain in the Lakes, Scotland, Wales and Alps
that way. Bowline and two half hitches round the waist to tie on too.
None of these fancy harnesses and stuff

One can hardly claim a figure of 8 decender is 'hi tech' !!

I didn't but neither has it always been around and people somehow
managed to abseil without it before it existed

--
Tony

Anon