Old July 24th 05, 04:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

Mitchum wrote:
How do these work. I am particularly thinking of the case where
people have stopped in them to turn right?

You should NOT enter a box junction unless your exit is CLEAR. And
you should be prepared to SLOW DOWN and STOP before a box junction
if your exit is NOT clear.

If you found yourself stuck in a box junction, could you just put
on your right indicator to try and "save" yourself?

If you follow the rules, you should not get stuck in a box
junction. If you do, then you've failed and expect to get the
necessary punishment for your failure to know the highway code.

Right-turning traffic, which IS allowed to stop in the box, might be
prevented from turning at the end of the green phase by a jam in the
road they want to enter.

Also, you may want to go straight across the junction, but after
entering the yellow box, a vehicle in another lane overtakes you and
occupies the one remaining space in your lane beyond the junction.

Are you suggesting that punishment is deserved for getting stuck in the
box in these cases?

--
Richard J.