Old July 24th 05, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Malcolm Pinnell Malcolm Pinnell is offline

Default Mile End Passenger Incident

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message:
Take a look at what the RMT's demands
are - they are designed to do one thing and that is increase union
membership and thus his ability to control / stop the railway.
--
Paul C

Nice to see Broadways interpretation of the request for more staff!!! The
volunteers didn't last long.....
I'm no union fan but this talk like this will only end in tears........

As for staff on the platforms, on my line we always place people on the
platform during disruption, they serve 2 purposes, the first is to detrain
quickly and get the next one in so people aren't in the tunnel long, the
second is to provide info. This is common policy on all lines.
Off peak, all platforms are visited on a set pattern by staff.

And yes Paul...we are both on the same side.....

Mal