Old July 24th 05, 05:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Right-turning traffic, which IS allowed to stop in the box, might
be prevented from turning at the end of the green phase by a jam
in the road they want to enter.

You are only allowed to enter to turn right if your exit is clear so
the only obstruction is oncoming traffic in the road you are turning
out of.

Yes, I know. But while you are waiting to turn right, oncoming traffic
turns left and jams up the side road that was previously clear. You are
then stuck on the yellow box. This happens frequently at a particular
junction in Chiswick.
--
Richard J.