Old August 29th 03, 12:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Power Cut

Roger the cabin boy wrote:
Listening to LBC tonight a spokesman from LUL was quoted as saying
something like, - the Greenwich power stn was available as a backup
after the initial cut BUT because people were being detrained through
tunnels it was unsafe to do so until they were certain no one was on
the line. I also think the power was brought back on in stages to
prevent an overload.

If that is true, there is something seriously wrong with their procedures
for a power outage. There's no point in having a standby power station that
can be powered up quickly if they start detraining people into the tunnels.
--
Richard J.