Old July 24th 05, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
PC Paul PC Paul is offline

Default Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

Graculus wrote:
"Peter" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dave wrote:
Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful
pilot

Cool, I can't wait to hear what the speeding mob have to say about it.
They'll probably be moaning like they do about the speed cameras. If
only they could have cameras for every (or almost every) offence.

Like poor lane discipline (see another ongoing thread).

I guess I'm one of the 'speeding mob' ;-)

I'd love it. If it was possible to have cameras for 'almost every' offence
then a lot of the dimwitted but always 'I'm below the limit so I'm safe'
drivers would rapidly be clobbered with dangerous driving, tailgating,
DWDCA, and the roads would clear up rapidly.

It's been said before and it always gets ignored but I'll try again.

If the limits were sensibly and consistently applied, and cameras were
really sited at dangerous spots not on clear dual carriageways, and most
importantly this was in addition to real traffic policing not instead of
it, most people here would not have a problem with Scameras..