Old July 24th 05, 09:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

James Farrar wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:27:40 +0000 (UTC), "Brimstone"
wrote:

James Farrar wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:18:41 +0100, Ross
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:52:38 +0100, Ian F. wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
"John Turner" wrote in message
. ..

My wife and I run a small model shop where we are totally reliant
on the good will of our customers. We've been doing that for
almost twenty years, but not many customers come back if you
treat them with contempt, so we have to treat them well.

The difference is that bus drivers, TOC staff et al know full well
that we *have* to use their services

No you don't, any more than you *have* to use Woolworths, a company
which IMX wouldn't know what customer service was if it was tied
to a wet fish and slapped around their face.

A shockingly false analogy.

Woolworths has no monopoly.

In the main, TOCs *do* have a monopoly. Certainly, for my journey to
work, I can catch a Southern train, or I can take about three hours
travelling on multiple buses. Since I don't propose to spen a
quarter of the day commuting, I have no option.

Why not use Southern's main competitor?

Which would be what?

The car. Failing that a motor or pedal cycle.