Old July 25th 05, 09:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:30:48 +0100, John Rowland wrote:
at Palmers Green are two separate box junctions. People turning right
tend to queue over both boxes, but am I right in thinking that
legally they are only allowed to queue over the second box?

Yes. Since the exit to the first box is blocked by traffic queueing to
enter the second one, you may not enter the first one.

It's a really simple pair of rules that govern these things.
1: you may only enter the box if your exit is clear.
2: you may only stop in the box if a conflicting traffic movement
prevents you leaving it.

This is why I'm concerned about the examples in your previous post. Pity
you can't remember where they are.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9680080.html
(73 133 newly-adorned in Dutch livery at Wimbledon Depot in 1991)