Old July 25th 05, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

On 24 Jul 2005 07:31:51 -0700, Mizter T wrote:

I live near a box junction that's on a main road where I often turn
right. If I was to stay out of the yellow box then I'd block all the
traffic behind me (on a major road), the vast majority of which is
carrying straight on over the junction. So I stop in the middle of
the junction, waiting for a gap in the oncoming traffic so I can
execute my right turn, and leaving the route clear for vehicles
behind me to continue straight over. Before reading this, I always
thought I was technically in the wrong, but it'd appear not.

No, you're in the right in the circumstance you describe.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p11654383.html
(111 467 in the Black Forest at Triberg in 2004)