Old July 25th 05, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

Chris Tolley wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:06:37 GMT, Richard J. wrote:

Yes, I know. But while you are waiting to turn right, oncoming
traffic turns left and jams up the side road that was previously
clear. You are then stuck on the yellow box. This happens
frequently at a particular junction in Chiswick.

If this does indeed happen frequently, then it's time to make it
into a roundabout.

Really? I had no idea the solution was that simple. Tell me, if you
replace the lights by this roundabout, how would you ensure safe
pedestrian routes across the junction in this busy shopping area?

The reason the side road jams up is actually a poor layout of parking
spaces and centre white line which leaves insufficient room for the
frequent buses on route E3 that turn in from the main road. The council
know what needs to be done but are taking ages to do it. (Chiswick High
Road / Turnham Green Terrace junction)

--
Richard J.