Old July 25th 05, 11:21 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
Ross Ross is offline

Default Laughing Jackasses on the Railways

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:24:44 +0100, James Farrar wrote in
, seen in uk.railway:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:18:41 +0100, Ross
wrote:

[...]
My wife and I run a small model shop where we are totally reliant on the
good will of our customers. We've been doing that for almost twenty
years, but not many customers come back if you treat them with contempt,
so we have to treat them well.

The difference is that bus drivers, TOC staff et al know full well that we
*have* to use their services

No you don't, any more than you *have* to use Woolworths, a company
which IMX wouldn't know what customer service was if it was tied to a
wet fish and slapped around their face.

A shockingly false analogy.

I disagree.

Woolworths has no monopoly.
In the main, TOCs *do* have a monopoly.

The OP in the (sub)thread I'm replying to wasn't complaining about
TOCs but about LU. I'm not aware of any part of London where the
Underground has a monopoly of travel.

In any case, even if TOCs were involved, since when have trains been
the only possible way of getting from A to B?

work, I can catch a Southern train, or I can take about three hours
travelling on multiple buses. Since I don't propose to spen a quarter
of the day commuting, I have no option.

Bike. Car. Motorbike.

There's three options immediately.

--