Old July 25th 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default More bombs?

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 04:20:54 -0700 someone who may be "Roger T."
wrote this:-

While I agree that there are sometimes overblown claims of safety
your examples are debatable.

Rather like the Twin Towers? Able to take the force of a jet aircraft
impact?

They did.

However, they did not survive the subsequent fire.

Rather like the Titanic, unsinkable?

That was a mass media or financier invention. I doubt if the
designers and builders said that. They may have said virtually
unsinkable, which is a different thing altogether. The ship was in
many ways rather more unsinkable than many current ships, especially
car ferries, but there is a limit to how many compartments can be
opened to the sea and a ship still float.

There are a whole host of things one could crash an aeroplane into,
as well as Windscale. Chemical works (an oil refinery for example)
and suspension bridges are two obvious things.

So-called security measures are not going to prevent disasters. Only
draining the swamp will work.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.