Old July 25th 05, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Splett David Splett is offline

Default Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

"Chris" wrote in message
If you "find yourself stuck in a box junction" I would suggest you aren't
doing it right:
HC.150: "... You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is
clear."

You enter a junction and the lights turn red behind you. Just as this is
happening a string of pedestrians cross right in front of you. You stop to
avoid running them over, and now cannot proceed because traffic is flowing
across you. I would suggest that there can be situations where you can get
stuck in a box junction without having done anything wrong, and I hope that
this is taken in to account with the enforcement.