Old July 25th 05, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Mark Foster Mark Foster is offline

Default Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

In article . com,
"Peter" wrote:

PC Paul wrote:

I guess I'm one of the 'speeding mob' ;-)

I'd love it. If it was possible to have cameras for 'almost every' offence
then a lot of the dimwitted but always 'I'm below the limit so I'm safe'
drivers would rapidly be clobbered with dangerous driving, tailgating,
DWDCA, and the roads would clear up rapidly.

It's been said before and it always gets ignored but I'll try again.

If the limits were sensibly and consistently applied, and cameras were
really sited at dangerous spots not on clear dual carriageways, and most
importantly this was in addition to real traffic policing not instead of
it, most people here would not have a problem with Scameras..

We may have a 'problem' with these cameras, but it doesn't justify
breaking the law. Doing 80mph along a road is illegal whether there's
a camera or not! The sad thing is that the country is full of people
who have no respect for the law.

Amen! :-)

--
Mark Foster, Brighton, Sussex, UK