Old July 25th 05, 07:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Ian Johnston Ian Johnston is offline

Default More bombs?

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:18:24 UTC, Chris Tolley
wrote:

: On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:49:38 -0700, Roger T. wrote:
: "Chris Tolley"
:
: I didn't miss that, but since I assumed that the OP knew full well (as
: it has been one of the most broadcast incidents in history) that the
: aircraft didn't push the buildings over, what he wrote wasn't quite what
: he intended to convey.
:
: What I wrote exactly conveyed what I intended. Plane hits building,
: building burns, building collapses, building did NOT survive impact
: of plane!
:
: That's how I read it. Others, as their responses reveal, have assumed
: you meant something sufficiently different that they have room to split
: a few hairs.

It may seem like hair splitting to an amateur, but from the
engineering point of view the distinction is pretty important.

Q. Would making the World Trade Center stronger have helped?
A. No.

Q. Would making the World Trade Center more fire-resistant have
helped?
A. Yes.

Regards,

Ian