Old August 29th 03, 08:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 04:00:20 +0100, Road Runner
wrote:

Depresion wrote:

Why isn't this plastered across all the US news channels the way there power cut
was across all of ours?

A 34 minute power failure affecting 10m people is far less serious
than an 8 hour power failure affecting 50m people.

Let's not kid ourselves - if those times and numbers had been
reversed, _we_ would still have heard of the events in the US, but
most Americans would be blissly unaware of what happened here. Yanks
don't do "foreign," remember.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk