Old July 25th 05, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

In article , (David
Splett) wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
If you "find yourself stuck in a box junction" I would suggest you
aren't doing it right:
HC.150: "... You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or
lane is clear."

You enter a junction and the lights turn red behind you. Just as this
is happening a string of pedestrians cross right in front of you. You
stop to avoid running them over, and now cannot proceed because
traffic is flowing across you. I would suggest that there can be
situations where you can get stuck in a box junction without having
done anything wrong, and I hope that this is taken in to account
with the enforcement.

I think it is likely you should have anticipated the pedestrians. They
hardly jumped out from behind something in those numbers, after all.

--
Colin Rosenstiel