Old August 29th 03, 08:35 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport
MrBitsy MrBitsy is offline

Default BBC's UK's Worst

"Robin May" wrote in message
(SteveH) wrote the following in:

snip

I had no sympathy whatsoever for the woman living by the tram line
though. She'd known about it when she bought it and gave a weak excuse
along the lines of "I liked the garden and the size, and the trams have
got louder since I bought the house". If you're worried about noise,
don't buy a house next to a tram line! Pretty simple, I'd have thought.

That is a bit harsh. Most of the noise she is experiencing is down to worn
out track. If it was repaired, the noise would return to the levels when she
purchased the property.

MrBitsy.