Old August 29th 03, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Tim Southerwood Tim Southerwood is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:40:15 +0100, Joe Patrick wrote:

There has been a power cut, affecting the Tube and trains BBC News
Reports:

This one made me laugh

http://thisislondon.co.uk/news/artic...ing%20Standard

Quoting one affected passenger:

"I am so angry and frustrated," he said. "But this is what you come to
expect from the Tube. I am especially fed up with how the slightest thing
goes wrong and then everything falls completely apart. The other thing we
are rarely offered is alternative ways of getting home. I will be asking
for compensation."

Slightest thing? That's a good one! What would it take for him to accept
something as actually not being the railways' fault? Charing X being nuked
perhaps... Or perhaps all the railway staff should have plugged their
bicycle dynamos into the juicer and pedalled their hearts out...

Someone should be getting their balls on the line for yesterday, but it's
not the railways as far as I can see.

Cheers

Timbo