Old July 27th 05, 07:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default London Tube Murder

On 26 Jul 2005 11:55:39 -0700, wrote:

I cannot write how I feel when I think what happened to him or what
went through his mind. If these bombings never happened I can
understand the uproar but why run in the first place and why run into
the Underground ? We know these bombers are intent on killing civilians
- can the police take the chance ? I feel so sorry for what happened to
him.

Imagine you've left your flat and travelled three miles - including
part of the journey on a bus - and nothing unusual has happened to
you. You get inside the Tube station, and are in the process of
buying a ticket when suddenly a gang of men in plain-clothes come
running in waving guns and _not_ (apparently) identifying themselves
as police. Are you positive you wouldn't panic and run for you live?
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk