Old July 27th 05, 10:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
j dot harter j dot harter is offline

Default Oystercard for foreign visitors?

Hello,

I'll visit London for one week in late August. As far as it's possible
by then I'll use the tube and buses inside zone 1 and 2 and probably for
a few journeys farther out than zone 2, including the way from and to
Heathrow. Especially for the latter I suppose it might be more
convenient to use an oystercard instead of a Visitor Travelcard plus
some additional tickets.

Can I apply for a regular oystercard at all, as I'm from Germany and
can't give a UK address?

Furthermore, in case I'd get one, can I choose a one-week oystercard and
additionally preload some money onto it for my journeys outside zone 1
and 2?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards,
Joachim