Old July 27th 05, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Bob Crow

nsj wrote:
I hear, from the radio news, that Bob Crow doesn't think the police
and security services are doing enough to protect Tube drivers in
wake of the recent terrorist attacks.

The newsreader hinted that Mr. Crow wants guards on Tube trains,
and that he is prepared to ballot for strike action if he doesn't
get what he wants.

He's also pressing for more staff at stations, and he's not alone. From
The Times this morning:

"Cuts in the numbers of bus conductors and station staff have made it
harder to guard against bombers, according to British Transport Police.
Andy Trotter, the force's deputy chief constable, said CCTV monitoring
had replaced staff in many areas to save money. "I am concerned about
the consequences of destaffing," he said. "I don't think you can be
surprised that undesirable people are getting into the vacuum.""
--
Richard J.