Old July 27th 05, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robert Woolley Robert Woolley is offline

Default Mayor of London

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:34:27 +0100, "Ant May"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message

On all printed publicity for underground and buses, the phrase 'Mayor
of London' is shown. Why is the ON at the end on LONDON always in red
whilst the rest of the text is in blue?

I think this was an initiative by London Tourist Board / Visit London after
the 9/11 terrorist attacks - to emphasise the point that London was "On" by
which I guess they meant "We're open for business as normal". It seems to
have stuck ever since.

Nope. The actual background is that it was a branding initiative by
the GLA going back to July 2000. Its a clean simple brand that works
well.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk