Old August 29th 03, 10:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Power Cut

CJG wrote the following in:

In message , Roger the
cabin boy writes
Listening to LBC tonight a spokesman from LUL was quoted as saying
something like, - the Greenwich power stn was available as a
backup after the initial cut BUT because people were being
detrained through tunnels it was unsafe to do so until they were
certain no one was on the line. I also think the power was
brought back on in stages to prevent an overload.

Genius planning of the night #381:
Get everyone to get off the trains straight away. Then when the
power came back on 30mins later leave it off for another hour to
make sure they didn't fry a commuter when they turned it back on.

Isn't it better advice to keep the commuters on the train until
they are sure the power isn't coming back on within 30mins?

I'm sure that if they'd done that you'd complain that they'd left
people on trains. In fact isn't this basically what you were doing
here?

"I mean its bad enough the **** service (Ken Livingstone has confirmed
the service is **** before anyone comments) but to be stuck on a tunnel
deep underground in the dark."

It would probably be something like:

Genius planning of the night #382:
Leave everyone on the trains, terrified in dark tunnels for half an
hour while those incompetent and lazy LUL staff turn the power back on.
It's no wonder that people attack them, LUL are so awful that their
staff practically deserve all the criminal acts of violence people
commit against them.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.