Old July 27th 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
asdf asdf is offline

Default Gerrards Cross update 5/7/05

On 27 Jul 2005 14:37:53 -0700, "Adrian Auer-Hudson"
wrote:

I think it is, Aylesbury hasn't had such a good train service in years!

So if there was an hourly service to and from Birmingham, Banbury and
Buckingham, running sans stops, save Amersham and Harrow, between
Ayesbury and Marylebone, you would consider that good? Right?

It would certainly be interesting if Chiltern decide to run any such
services after the line through GX reopens.

There is obviously plenty of demand for Watford-Birmingham travel, as
Virgin stop (some of) their trains at Watford Junction, so it's not
totally inconceivable that a decent-sized market exists for direct
Harrow/Amersham/Aylesbury to Birmingham services too (and to Banbury,
etc).

(Although the Chiltern route is slower, I'd say it's still a valid
comparison - most people seem to place more value on the fact that
it's a through service. And of course there's the price difference.)