Old July 28th 05, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default London Tube Murder

Malcolm Knight. wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message
. uk...
Malcolm Knight. wrote:
"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , Malcolm Knight.
writes

It's just been whispered to me that the IPCC has appointed an
ex-Met policeman to head their enquiry into this shooting.

Why are they whispering?

The IPCC announced several days ago in a widely-reported press
statement that Roy Clark (Director of Operations) would lead the
investigation.

Did they, sorry I missed that. The info came to me from someone
who works with them, I got the impression it was yet to be
announced. Clark has a very shady past.

Put up or shut up. In what way has he a very shady past?

If you read the recent 600 page publication "Untouchables; Dirty
Cops, Bent Justice and Racism in Scotland Yard" you will see Clark
featured among many Met policemen who were said to have variously
stitched up innocents and indulged in violence, robberies, drug
dealing, conspiracies to murder and actual murder. This book is
freely available for anyone to purchase and read and names not only
the policemen involved, among them Clark, but also the senior
officers involved in the cover ups - including the current and
previous two commisioners.

The authors are still free men who the Met did not see fit to sue
for libel. They did issue a statement saying that there were "a
number of inaccuracies" but my understanding is that when pressed
the Met failed to identify any.

The book goes out of its way to tar Clark with an extremely black
brush and it is probably available in your local library (ISBN 1
903813 04 2). Until such time as the Met refutes its content I am
happy to refer to Clark's past as "shady".

And I was just thinking how well qualified he seemed to be for his job
at the IPCC ...
Thanks.

--
Richard J.